Heavy Equipment Appraisal Scholarship for Ethical Awareness
At Heavy Equipment Appraisal, we believe that a strong moral compass is invaluable…and your youth is the best time to start calibrating that compass!
The appraisal profession in the United States is governed by a set of ethical and performance standards known as the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).
The Appraisal Foundation (publisher of the USPAP) is authorized by Congress as the source of appraisal standards and appraisal qualifications.
We humans face ethical dilemmas every day. And not just in the workplace, but at home, in the classroom, at parties, and when nobody is looking.
We created the Heavy Equipment Appraisal Ethical Scholarship for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students to encourage strong ethical character and raise awareness about the appraisal profession.
You do not have to study in a related field because ethics applies to everyone. You can be a law student (in fact, you should definitely apply if you’re a law student 🙂 ), or you can be undeclared. You can be 18 or 65.
All that matters is that you understand what it means to stand up for what’s right, even in the face of diversity.
- U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the U.S. (or will be by the time the scholarship is awarded).
- In 500 words (or more):
- Tell us about the biggest ethical challenge you have faced in your life and:
- How did you respond to overcome this challenge?
- Are you proud of the way you responded, or will you approach it differently next time?
- Send your written response:
- In the form of PDF document to:
- Please use an e-mail subject that best fits your personality
Deadline & Award
- Next Deadline: May 1, 2017
- Award: $500-$1,500 depending on how many winners are chosen per scholarship period.
- Optional Award: We’ll also happily extend an invitation to write a piece on ethics for our website (this is 100% optional).
- Winners will be announced in May.
- This is an annual scholarship.
- This is only being offered to a select few colleges and will not be listed by us on any national scholarship listings.
- CONFIDENTIALITY PROMISE: Every bit of your personal information, including (but not limited to) your name, e-mail address, and essay is for our award team and your eyes only. We will only discuss or release information with your consent.
We look forward to reading your story soon!